Exercise are activities recommended by doctors as a good form of physical exercise that keeps you fit and healthy. But sports also involve rigorous activities that might cause injuries. From the amateur to the expert, everyone in sports is susceptible to sports injuries. This is why sports injuries should not be ignored but attended to, immediately by consulting competent sport medicine specialists without delay.
For individuals pursuing sports, preventive care of athletes must be provided by engaging expert sports medicine physicians or by treating at the best sports injury clinic immediately.
The Most Common Sports Injuries are:
Sports injuries range from mild scratches and bruises to even severe brain or spine injuries. Given below the most common sports injuries.
- Ligament Tear – When the ligament tissue joining 2 bone is overstretched, it tends to get trained or torn off. such type of ligament strain or tear is common among athlete, football, basketball or volleyball players.
- Muscle Strain – For any sports player, strains are common. The strain may occur in the muscles or in the tendon connecting the bone to the muscle.
- Knee and Shoulder Injuries – The knee and shoulder are the 2 crucial joints in the body where sports injuries occur. Knee and shoulder injuries may range from ligament sprains, muscle strains, bone misalignment to joint dislocation etc.
Knee injuries may be due to fractures, dislocations, meniscal tears or anterior cruciate ligament injury, bursitis or tendonitis. In the knee, the kneecap or patella is the bone that is most easily fractured. Similarly, the knee bone can be quickly dislocated from the joint due to a slip or fall. The cartilage in the knee might tear during sports causing a meniscal tear. The ACL or anterior cruciate ligament injury is popular among soccer and football players. Bursitis is the swelling of the bursae which are tiny fluid-filled sacs within the joint. Inflammation of the tendon is called tendonitis.
The shoulder is the weakest of all the joints in the human body. Shoulder injuries are common among wrestlers. tennis and football players. Quick rehabilitation by consultation with an expert sports doctor in Chennai can help save the shoulder from massive damage.
Of all sports injuries, Knee and shoulder injuries are frequent among football, rugby, basketball or tennis players.
- Cartilage Injuries – Here the rubbery connective tissue called cartilage between the joint is damaged. Cartilage Injuries can occur in the knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle etc.
Cartilage is a bone-connective tissue that does not have a blood supply and hence takes longer to heal. If left untreated, it may lead to immobility or osteoarthritis. So, cartilage injuries must be consulted with an experienced sports injury specialist in Chennai to prevent future damage.
- Tennis or Golf Elbow – This type of sports injury occur in the elbow for players who practise sports with gripping activities. Tennis, Badminton and, Golf players suffer from this sports injury.
- Bone Dislocation – Rigorous sports may cause a sudden deviation of a bone from its socket. This type of sports injury called bone dislocation causes severe pain and swelling.
- Fractures – Fractures are nothing but the breaking of bones due to a sudden fall, impact or blow.
- Concussions – Concussions are sports injuries caused to the brain due to a blow or jolt to the head. A concussion may cause mild symptoms like vomiting, headache, dizziness, etc, or may even result in major damage to the brain. Sports players suffering from concussions should not take them lightly but must immediately consult experienced sport medicine specialists without delay.
Why is Rehabilitation for Sports Injuries a Must?
Rehabilitation for sports injuries is a must for all sports injuries as it affects not only the health but also the career, ambition and life of a sportsperson. Instant rehabilitation done at a reliable sports injury clinic can help prevent surgery and acute trauma. It must be done at the best sports rehabilitation centre India can offer where the quality of treatment is at par with global standards.
To know more, please call +91 915 497 7718 to make an appointment today with our sports injury specialist. You can also make an appointment with us online at www.jivarehab.com today by using our online booking system.