Critical care suits for sick patients of all age. Patients may be shifted to the ICU from the emergency room or to the ward if they are recovering well.
Patients who requires critical care include following are the conditions requires continuous monitoring of critical care specialist. Like:
- Head Injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Poly trauma
- Various types of brain stroke
- Kidney related conditions
- Cancer and post chemotherapy
- Respiratory problems
Health care practicioners in a critical care unit use a variety of tools, including
- Catheters are flexible tubes that are used to get fluids into or out of the body.
- Dialysis machines (sometimes known as “artificial kidneys”) are used by patients who have renal failure.
- Nutritional assistance is provided through feeding tubes.
- Intravenous (IV) tubes are used to provide fluids and medications to you.
Jiva Rehab critical care specialists are educated to deal with severely sick patients. There are a variety of illnesses that might necessitate the use of critical care services, including:
- Stroke of the brain
- Injuries to the head
- Injury to the spinal cord