With Physiotherapy, post-surgery rehab is the critical process of re-establishing muscular strength, joint motion, full joint movement, and restoring full body strength and functioning. The duration of post-surgery physiotherapy varies depending on the surgical technique. It might run anywhere from a month under a year.
We will work closely with you and your surgeon to ensure you are receiving the best possible post-operative care towards optimum function and full health. After surgery and through your recovery, our experienced physiotherapists will assess your mobility, strength and function. We offer a wide range of therapeutic procedures to treat and rehabilitate the patient from healing time to return to physical activity or sport.
Physiotherapy at Jiva Rehab
Inpatient post-operative rehabilitation will begin soon after discharge from the hospital & the day of admission into CMG.
Our physiotherapists are experts at providing rehabilitation for patients following a wide variety of different surgeries. Inpatient post-operative rehabilitation will start right at your bedside, the day after your surgery. The treatment provided will depend on the specific type of surgery, your doctor’s instructions and your level of recovery.
The following are examples of common post-operative treatments:
- Activities for Breathing and Circulation: to avoid respiratory and vascular issues.
- Assistance with motion: to help you move safely following surgery.
- Crutches or other walking aids: advice and training on how to use crutches or other walking aids safely as needed.
- Discharge Advice: Information about any equipment you might need at home once you’ve been discharged.
Why chose us?
This might be a straightforward rehabilitation process or a complex recovery depending on the injuries and type of surgery. We can obtain exceptional results for your rehabilitation, regardless of the amount of your damage, because of our experience treating many post-surgical rehab patients. Every step of the journey, we will be there for you. Call us today, to find out how we can help you recover from surgery swiftly and with confidence.
- Knee, hip, and shoulder joint replacements are all candidates for our post-surgical rehab programme.
- Knee ligament tears include the ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL.
- Recovery from arthroscopy and meniscus surgery.
- Shoulder healing after rotator cuff injuries, arthroscopy, and other procedures.